Our Vision : The inner transformation of individual through the knowledge of Vedanta, spiritual practices, and seva resulting in a happier society.
Our Mission : To provide individuals the wisdom of Vedanta and the practical means for spiritual growth and happiness, and becoming positive influences in society.
Chinmaya Mission® was established in India in 1953 by devotees of the world-renowned Vedanta teacher, His Holiness Swami Chinmayananda. Guided by his vision, devotees all around the world formed the nucleus of a spiritual renaissance movement that now encompasses a wide range of spiritual, educational, and charitable activities, ennobling the lives of thousands in India and across its borders.
Chinmaya Mission - Chicago City Center opened it's doors in 2015 leasing space at the Menomonee Club and after three growing years the City Center is moving to the Bennett Day School. As part of the the larger Chinmaya Mission, a global non-proﬁt organization, Chinmaya Mission spans over 250 centers worldwide, encompassing 75 schools, 8 colleges, many temples, ashrams and research institutes and multifarious social, cultural, educational, religious and spiritual activities and projects, including women’s upliftment programs.
At the Chicago Center, we offer Gita discourses & Vedanta study classes for adults and Bala Vihar classes/celebrations for children. We work towards our motto, "To give maximum happiness to the maximum number for the maximum time."
As part of Chinmaya Mission Chicago which includes Chinmaya Badri (Willowbrook, IL) and Chinmaya Yamunotri (Grayslake, IL), the city center encourages young professionals and families in Chicago to stay in-touch with their roots and culture through discourses, book discussions, and celebrations.
Mission Statement “To help children learn values with fun, to delight like the moon and shine like the sun”
"In Bala Vihar youth classes, the rich cultural heritage of India is taught to children in age-appropriate levels through stories, drama, arts, crafts and discussion. Children are also taught popular Bhajans and Slokas.
The purpose is:
- To instill in our children and youth a reverence for ancient culture and to inspire them to live up to it with correct understanding;
- To create self-conﬁdence so that they are able to serve others; • To generate personal discipline, dynamic leadership, and true affection in all their contacts;
- To develop a healthy resistance against temptations in the environment in which they grow.
Beneﬁts Of Study Group
- To The Member & Sevak
- Personality Transformation
- Inner strength to face challenges
- Knowledge of our scriptures and culture
- Clarity of thinking
- Poignancy of expressions
- Self Discipline
- Sense of brotherhood
- Patience and perseverance
- Art of listening
- Sense of belonging to the global Chinmaya Family
- To The Families Of Participants
- Happiness and harmony at home
- Better value system
- Eﬀective role models for children
- Strengthening of family bond
- To The Society, Nation And The World
- Individuals living an integrated life make a healthy society. Such societies help to build a strong nation and peaceful world.
Adult Study Classes are complimentary and meet from 9.30am-11am every sunday
while City Center is in session. You may join a group at any time, however participation
from the start of the session is highly encouraged. Email us to learn more at